| The Heron entry-level readers are packed with features to delight any user. Ideal for instinctive reading distance applications (near contact to over 20 cm / 8 in) at the retail point of sale (POS) or office applications, the Heron readers provide high performance in an innovative design package.
Perfect for use as both a handheld and a presentation style reader, all Heron models are lightweight and ergonomically shaped for handheld use and include an auto-sensing stand in the package. Removed from the stand the reader switches to handheld mode, placed correctly in the stand, the reader beeps and automatically switches to Stand Mode (hands-free) for presentation reading.
Developed to satisfy all requirements at the POS, the Heron series of readers are available with different interface sets: the standard D130 multi-interface model (RS-232, USB, Wedge and Wand Emulation); the D110 model, providing complete connectivity to main IBM cash registers and POS terminals; the D140 model, which performs undecoded reader applications; and the D150 EAS model which has an integrated EAS antenna and special EAS cables, for ease of connection and compatibility with Nedap and Checkpoint® EAS systems, guaranteeing EAS tag deactivation and code reading in one smooth motion.
All Heron readers feature Datalogic's exclusive patented 'Green Spot' for good read feedback directly on the code. In Stand Mode, the Green Spot remains on to show the operator where to position the code for quick and intuitive reading.
Handheld and hands-free operation
Accurate and high first-pass read rates
Complete data formatting and editing
Datalogic patented 'Green Spot' for good-read feedback
Supports GS1 DataBarTM linear codes
Several interface models available
Nedap and Checkpoint Systems EAS compatible model
- 1D / Linear Codes
- Autodiscriminates all standard 1D codes including GS1 DataBar™ linear codes
- Stacked Codes
- GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked
- GS1 DataBar Stacked
- GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional
- Operating (Typical)
- Standby/Idle (Typical)
- Input Voltage
- Ambient Light
- Drop Resistance
- Withstands repeated drops from 1.8 m / 5.9 ft onto a concrete surface
- ESD Protection (Air Discharge)
- Humidity (Non-Condensing)
- Particulate and Water Sealing
- 0 to 55 °C / 32 to 131 °F
- -20 to 70 °C / -4 to 158 °F
- Keyboard Wedge
- RS-232 / IBM 46XX
- Undecoded Laser Output
- Colors Available
- 15.2 x 15.3 x 6.8 cm / 6.0 x 6.0 x 2.7 in
Reading Ranges - Typical Depth of Field
- Imager Sensor
- CCD Solid-state 2048 pixels
- Light Source
- Print Contrast Ratio (Minimum)
- Read Rate (Maximum)
- Reading Angle
- Roll (Tilt)
- Skew (Yaw)
- Reading Indicators
- Datalogic 'Green Spot' Good Read Feedback
- Good Read LED
- Resolution (Maximum)
Safety & Regulatory
- Minimum distance determined by symbol length and scan angle.
- Printing resolution, contrast, and ambient light dependent.
- 5 mils
- 3.0 to 11.0 cm / 1.2 to 4.3 in
- 7.5 mils
- 1.0 to 14.0 cm / 0.4 to 5.5 in
- 10 mils
- 0.5 to 18.0 cm / 0.2 to 7.0 in
- 13 mils
- 1.0 to 22.5 cm / 0.4 to 8.8 in
- 20 mils
- 1.0 to 27.0 cm / 0.4 to 10.5 in
- Agency Approvals
- The product meets necessary safety and regulatory approvals for its intended use.
- The Quick Reference Guide for this product can be referred to for a complete list of certifications.
- Environmental Compliance
- Complies to China RoHS
- Complies to EU RoHS
- LED Classification
- Datalogic Aladdin™
- Datalogic Aladdin configuration program is available for download at no charge
- OPOS / JavaPOS
- JavaPOS Utilities are available for download at no charge
- OPOS Utilities are available for download at no charge
© 2007-2009 Datalogic Scanning Inc.
Protected to the fullest extent under U.S. and international laws. • Copying, or altering of this document is prohibited without express written consent from Datalogic Scanning, Inc.
Datalogic and the Datalogic logo are registered trademarks of Datalogic S.p.A. in many countries, including the U.S.A. and the E.U.
Heron is a trademark of Datalogic Scanning Group S.r.l. and Datalogic Scanning Inc. • Datalogic Aladdin is a trademark of Datalogic Scanning Group S.r.l.
Other brand and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Product specifications are subject to change without notice.